Thursday 24 September 2015

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern


I finished reading this book just a few hours ago, and I'm so sad that it's over. I already want to read it again. It was amazing. Extravagant, magical, fervent in detail. It appeals to all the senses and encompasses you in the maze of convoluting stories. It may have been due to the pace at which I read it but it also seemed to speed up drastically in the last third, where the earlier of two timelines started to catch up with the second. And right near the end it flickers between them, both within just hours of eachother, giving a prolonged build up of suspense whilst still keeping a grippingly fast pace.

The language is rich and handled expertly. The characters vivid and all distinguishable in their own way. The story is heart-warming and beautiful, twisted and dark all at once. I'll admit I shed a couple of tears on the tube, but I'm a sensitive soul. I just want to reread it. But I've already said that.

Basically. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?